We are pleased to inform you that the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship Application is now available for review beginning October 15th, with the online application going live November 1st. Students may visit www.jackierobinson.org to learn more about the organization that The New York Times described as providing “what might be the educational effort in the country.” Each new JRF Scholar receives $24,000 over four years to attend a four-year accredited college or university. In addition to cash grants, JRF Scholars participate in our extensive, four-year program that includes: mentoring, leadership development, practical skill-building, internship and job counseling and placement, and a myriad networking opportunities. Over 1,400 JRF Scholars have been selected since the first awards were made in 1973.
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating, minority high school senior
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States
- Show leadership potential
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service
- Present evidence of financial need
- Be a United States citizen
- A minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 22
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4-year college when applying for the scholarship
Click HERE to access more information!