School Re-opens for In-Person Learning on Monday March 22nd, 2021:Students who had chosen to and were attending school in person in the fall, will return to our building on Monday, March 22nd, 2021 (unless their parents/guardians had completed the official DOE learning preference to change to fully remote learning). All students whose parents had chosen for them to be fully remote in the fall will continue in full remote learning.Please note:
- In-Person students WILL NO LONGER be on a Blended A/B schedule (one week on, one week off). They MUST attend school all 5 days of the week (Monday-Friday each week).
- In-Person students may still change to remote learning using the link below once their parents/guardians use this DOE link to make that switch to fully remote learning:
- Students who arefully remote MAY NOT CHANGE LEARNING PREFERENCE AT THIS TIMEunless special considerations are considered by the principal or superintendent OR when the mayor/chancellor opens the window for parents/guardians to do so. Please contact your guidance counselor for more details.NYCSA ACCOUNTS AND MANDATORY CONSENT FORMS BEFORE RETURNING TO IN-PERSON LEARNING ON MONDAY 22NDAs a reminder in order to attend In-Person learning on Monday March 22nd, every student coming into the building MUST have consented to random COVID-19 testing.DOE NOTICE – https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/health-and-safety/covid-19-testingParent must indicate their consent in ONE of two ways as outlined below:
1. Go to your New York City School Account at https://mystudent.nyc/ You will need a parent creation code to set up this account. PLEASE reach out to Ms. Jones, our Parent Coordinator at JJones31@schools.nyc.gov for your code.
If you already have an NYCSA account linked to your student(s):
- Log in, click your student’s name, click “Manage Account,” and then when a dropdown menu appears, click “Consent Forms.”
- Read the page, and then choose the consent option at the end for your student.
If you do not already have a NYCSA account:
- You can create one right away! If you have an account creation code from your school, you can create a full account in approximately five minutes, and then provide consent as described above.
- If you do not have an account creation code from your school, you can still provide your consent right away by clicking “Manage Consent” under “COVID-19 Testing” and filling out your and your child’s information to provide consent.
2. Print and Submit – You can also print and submit the form attached to this letter (and have your child bring the signed consent form on the morning of March 22nd for IN PERSON learning. (Please find English and Spanish versions of the form attached below)
Students who do not submit consent will be immediately transitioned to fully remote learning.
Our staff will be conferencing with our parents about students’ progress this Thursday evening from 6-9pm and on Friday afternoon from 12:50-2:50pm. Students will be VIRTUALLY DISMISSED from theirTeachers and paraprofessionals have been reaching out by telephone and virtual links to their parents. We are also asking our parents to reach out to their child’s teachers/paraprofessionals to set up a time during these two days/times when they would like to speak about their child’s progress. In the interim, parents could also access their students’ teachers through the students’ classrooms or consult with Ms. Jones (parent coordinator) in reaching a staff member.END OF 1ST MARKING PERIOD IS THURSDAY MARCH 18TH, 2021:As all students were notified, we have three marking periods this semester NOT two as we previously had for fall. It is important that students make a solid effort to pass all marking periods. Marking period 1 will come to a close on March 18th. Students were given opportunities during Academic Check In to make up work and to redo assignments to improve their chances of doing well for marking period 1.S.A.T. ON MARCH 24THThe annual SATs (College Board’s Scholastic Aptitude Test) will take place in the building on March 24th, 2021, starting at 8:30am, for 11th graders ONLY.Best regards,Your Transit Tech Family