Excerpt below from: Covid 19 Testing info on schools.nyc.gov
Summer COVID-19 Testing
Random COVID-19 testing will continue throughout Summer Rising 2021 for students and staff.
Beginning in July, every other week, each school building hosting a Summer Rising program will test 10 percent of all randomly selected students and staff.
Note that all students must submit a COVID-19 testing consent form in order to participate in Summer Rising.
- Submitting consent have your child tested for COVID-19 in school is quick and easy. If you have already submitted consent, we encourage you to do so again to ensure your student has the latest form on file. There are two easy ways to submit:
- Fill out the form online using a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA) (Open external link)
- If you already have a NYCSA account linked to your student(s): Log in, click your student’s name, click “Manage Account,” and then when a dropdown menu appears, click “Consent Forms.” Read the page, and then choose the consent option at the end for your student.
- If you do not already have a NYCSA account: You can create one right away! If you have an account creation code from your school, you can create a full account in approximately five minutes, and then provide consent as described above. If you do not have an account creation code from your school, you can still provide your consent right away by clicking “Manage Consent” under “COVID-19 Testing” and filling out your and your child’s information to provide consent.
- Print and sign the form and bring it to your child’s school on the first day they are back in the school building. A printable PDF file is available below: